The boy has been sick for a few days, which means a lot of time on the couch watching Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood - in fact, he woke from a fever at 3AM last night screaming "neighborhood," so we ended up watching some Daniel T. in the middle of the night. While watching countless episodes, I realized it would be a fun family Halloween costume to be the Tiger Family - I've put together a really simple guide on becoming the Tigers for your Halloween costume.
- Mrs. Tiger, AKA - Daniel's Mom: Feel like dressing up this Halloween but have no energy to do so? Mrs. Tiger may be the easiest costume ever - you can go all out with it, or keep it super simple. Pick up a pair of tiger ears and a tail on Amazon. Wear a pink or purple shirt, or check out this scrub top which is reminiscent of Mrs. T's top. Wear with navy leggings, or your regular jeans, and these adorable purple flats....and done. Easy!
- Mr. Tiger, AKA - Daniel's Dad: Again, this is a super easy costume - have a navy hoodie? Great! No? Here's a cheap one on Amazon which you're sure to wear again. Throw on your simple brown watch (or this one is under $8), and pick up a pair of navy sneakers. Obviously, don't forget the tiger ears and tail, too!
- Baby Margaret, AKA - Daniel's sister: Have a baby sister in the family? (or even a baby brother?), check out this adorable baby tiger costume on Amazon - pair it with a flower hair clip, and baby Margaret is DONE.
- Grandpere Tiger, AKA - Daniel's grandpa: Have a grandparent coming along this Halloween? Have them dress up as Grandpere - beret and all! This beret on Amazon is very cheap, and pair it with a navy peacoat you already own (or find one on Amazon). Pair with brown shoes and reading glasses - done!
- Last, but not least - Daniel Tiger: What I would do for a simple DT costume is to get a tiger costume on Amazon and not use the head part - but get ears for the child. Pair with a simple red hoodie and red sneakers. Also, don't forget a little brown watch!
My only request for this family costume is to make sure someone snaps a photo of you all!